Focus on sales and proposals in the organisation’s substation / infrastructure business unit, including the following:
MV and HV substation and reticulation design (Yard layouts and electrical designs), up to and including 275kV
Custom engineered substation and infrastructure solutions
Generate business from new and existing customers.
Internal and external technical support of the substation / infrastructure business unit and assist with technical queries.
Customer liaison and site visits.
Formulate quotations and tenders related to all substation / infrastructure technologies, products and services in the business unit.
Ensuring that tenders and quotations meet the company and the customer’s commercial terms and conditions.
Conduct site inspections required as part of the tender process and gather all necessary information needed to compile an accurate quotation or tender document.
1) Conducted site visits and provide recommendations on various generator solutions to clients for the application and/or solutions to upgrade the existing installations.
2) Compile a power point presentation of the proposed preliminary solution which will be offered for the client’s review.
1) Be able to do a complete costing from scratch which includes:
a. Sizing/selection of (Engine and alternator, switchgear, cooling system, fuel system, protection system) depending on the application and site conditions
b. Sizing/selection of all the auxiliary equipment and balance of plant to offer a complete diesel power plant solution.
c. Be familiar with Logistical incoterms
d. Be familiar with foreign currency exposure and how we mitigate commercial risks
2) Be able to do a very high level electrical single line drawing based on the preliminary solution which will be offered.
Ability to do a very high level plant general arrangement drawing on the preliminary plant which will be offered.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric /Grade 12
- A recognised electrical qualification (ND Electric Engineering / BTech / S4 / T3).
- At least five years work experience involving sales and proposals within the substation / electrical infrastructure industry.
- Computer literacy – good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Good knowledge of the AutoCad package.
- Experience in contracts will be an added advantage.
Extremely proficient the English language. Added Advantage : able to communication in Afrikaans.
Decision making skills. Ability to work well in a team setting. A code 8 driver’s licence. A valid passport