Medical Director: Occupational Health: Africa
Market Related Salary + Many additional Benefits
This position plays a key role in providing OH medical leadership, governance and support OH capacity building. This position also supports medical delivery, quality and efficiency of all Medical Services sites &clinics within the region. In addition, this position strongly interacts with commercial colleagues to supports the business development and account management activity to maximize new and existing opportunities within the Africa
Qualifications & Experience
• Medical Doctor with 5 years plus post-graduation experience in OH
• Post grad qualification in OH distinct advantage
• Full registration to practice medicine in the country of origin
• English essential, French advantageous as is Portuguese and Chinese
• Experience as a Medical Director or Similar position with health management
• Varied international medical and/or health care system experience
• Client account management experience
• Business acumen
Desirable Work Experience
• Medical experience gained in developing countries
• Remote work experience, at either a structured clinic or remote site.
• Experience working in Energy, Mining and Infrastructure sector will be a distinct advantage
· Both onshore and offshore travel
· Frequent Travel (may be up to 45% of full time)
In conjunction with the regional management teams, review and refine the OH organization within the Africa region and review the activities and make recommendations for continuing growth.
• Proactively raise issues regarding medical and OH services business development to the reporting structure.
• Write site visit reports and propose and initiate appropriate action plans.
• Provide support and leadership for the clinics and MS sites medical staff on OH related issues.
• Liaise with the local and international Human Resource departments to support the recruitment of adequately skilled and experienced occupational health medical professionals.
• Facilitate effective positive teamwork and clear channels of communication both internally and externally.
• Support occupational health medical staff succession planning and national development programs in conjunction with the Regional Medical Directors.
• Establish regular communication mechanisms to ensure the medical teams across sites are clear on organizational and OH business objectives.
• Participate actively to the OH and the Offshore forum
• Ensure that all operational delivery of medical and OH services and patient care performed by medical and clinic support staff meet the appropriate standard of medical quality in accordance with operations guidelines.
• Ensure all medical and clinic support staff are familiar with all relevant medical and OH policies and procedures and that they are followed at all times.
• Ensure OH site and clinic records are audited on monthly basis with inclusion on monthly Quality reports.
• Interface with MS Operations Managers to ensure quality planning and delivery of medical and OH services with the region.
• Interface with MS Quality Managers to ensure quality planning and delivery of medical and OH services with the region.
• Review and respond to medical complaints which arise using the procedure guidelines upon the RMD Africa request.
• Responsible for overseeing the delivery of OH education program/s to all medical staff.
Client and Business Development
• Demonstrate an understanding of the clients’ OH contractual agreements and work with the Sales and Marketing (S&M) department to ensure that relationships with clients are at all times positive and consistent with the contractual obligations.
• Provide support to the S&M department on medical and OH matters for proposals including definition of the scope of service and feasibility of OH programs.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationship with QHSE and OH departments.
• Review client OH monthly / annual activity reports and propose a medical and business development agenda with the Sales and Marketing department.
• In conjunction with the Sales and Marketing department, visit existing clients and prospective clients to evaluate their needs and identify new business opportunities.
• Together with the Sales and Marketing department, interact with other regions and Corporate functions to strengthen cross-border cooperation.
• Develop comprehensive medical and occupational health solutions for clients within the respective regions when required