Development Manager Commercial Property
R1.0 – R1.3 million CTC p.a. negotiable
Primary responsibilities include identifying and acquiring new opportunities, expanding business with existing clients, client and project management, developing and maintaining project technical standards and executing company’s Quality Management Plan.
As a seasoned professional, the Development Manager possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science /Engineering or related field and proven professional, technical, business development and leadership experience within the Property Development Sector.
The ideal candidate has an established and extensive network of business relationships and a full understanding of the land development process to drive business and secure large land development projects.
• B Degree Building Science or Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years’ Experience within the Property Development Industry
· Candidates MUST be under 45 years of age!
• Extensive Property Development Experience
• Legal knowledge within the Properties industry
• Must have excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Strong Presentation Skills
• Financial/Business Acumen
• Hard-nosed Negotiation Skills
• Proven experience of Finalising Large Commercial Deals
Primary responsibilities include:
- Networking with customers, brokers, designers, architects, engineers, QS, contractors, suppliers and industry specialists
- Engage in Business Development by identifying & securing new opportunities in existing market trends, also opening up opportunities in niche markets and predicted futures trends.
- Assist in qualification of consultants used during pre-design & pre-construction phases
- Manage, review & coordinate all town planning related activities up to proclamation of the required development rights
- Manage, review & coordinate the project designs, costings, feasibilities and fundings
- Sourcing of clients & tenants for proposed developments & preparing and presenting appropriate development proposals to clients and tenants towards concluding development and lease agreements
- Negotiating and concluding the required development or lease agreement as may be required by the development shareholders and funders in order for the project ot commence until conclusion
- Feasibility studies
- Negotiating and securing, along with the company financial manager, the required equity or institutional funding required to complete the development
- Ensuring a seamless and detailed integration of the dedicated project manager function
- Monitoring the project implementation throughout to ensure that the desired and contracted end product gets delivered to the shareholders & tenants as per approved development plan
- Ultimately the Development Manager remains responsible for the entire development process from inception to trading
Only candidates who comply with ALL the above mentioned stipulations will be considered.
This position is for South Africans ONLY
All successful candidates will be contacted, if not contacted please consider your application unsuccessful.