Selling of products to existing and potential customers from within a sales office.
Working co-operatively with External Sales to grow existing customers, create new customers and meet or exceed Sales Turnover.
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Must be Computer Literate
- Internal sales experience (high pressure environment)
- Hydraulics experience - essential
- Receive telephonic or written quotation requests
- Correctly interpret customer requests and requirements
- Checking if there is a client history and understanding that history in relation to the current request
- Investigating different product options available in connection to customer request. Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Sourcing products from our data base including costs and selling prices
- Compose a detailed Quote for customer either telephonically or written.
- Present price, discounts (specials to specific customers), credit and terms as per our company specifics
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items
- Provide accurate information regarding items that need to be manufactured
- Provide accurate information relating to shipment dates or delivery dates of out of stock items
- Facilitating the process of an order by preparing a Sales Order
- Consulting with Stores Department for the purpose of giving feedback to clients in relation to their order
- Contact customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints
- Monitor scheduled shipments to ensure timeous delivery and fill back orders as needed
- Receiving and handling complaints as per our company procedure
- Facilitate the return of goods as per our company policies and procedures
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional or sale items
- Educate customers on terminology, part numbers, features and product benefits in order to improve sales and customer satisfaction
- Remain up to date on new products and customer preferences by attending sales meetings, in-house product training and Trade Shows
- Setup and maintain customer information files (special prices, part numbers, etc)
- Identify customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction and relate information to management and external sales representatives
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members and other departments
- Communicate to Purchasing Department unexpected increase or decrease in demand for products
- Assist in scheduled physical stock counts
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and fellow workers
- Assist with Counter Sales when necessary
- Notify customer about not stock items, if they don’t find it on their order
- Notify Operations Director of any products, major price differences of existing items.
- Liaise with accounts department regarding customer account on Skype
- Notify accounts if customer are buying more than usual, so that they can get a credit increase.