The Planner will be responsible for Billet saws and Forging machines (an axle manufacturer and is used for forging axles, shafts and round bars)
This will include:
- Control the steel in the yard and on the excel data base.
- Creating production orders on Syspro.
- Creating route cards from excel data base and issuing them to production
- Issuing of route cards on Syspro.
- Receiving and despatch of steel into storage areas below magnet cranes
- Setting daily priorities for the cutting of billet andforge.
- Monthly production plan of the forge.
- Report on forge productivity daily.
- Report on outstanding forging monthly.
- Making sure the scrap storages areas are secured.
- Reporting scrap on a daily basis.
- Making sure that scrap with scrap numbers are removed from WIP
- Balance the Kardex report and the steel stock database
- Coordination of the monthly stock count.
- Adjusting jobs on Syspro at the end of each month.
- Housekeeping in the area below the magnet cranes as well as the 2 scrap storage areas.
- Verifying that the steel received is properly capture on the database and all documents are send to account department on time.
- Matric including excellent mathematic results
- Tertiary qualificationis an advantage
- High skills in numeracy
- Must be a team player
- Strongly computer literate
Skills and experience
Strong planning skills and good analytical skill
Applicants are expected to have at least 3 years experience in a Production environment.
Send detailed cv in Word Format, stipulate salary at current and last company worked at, reason for leaving current and last company, notice period at current company and also a facial pic to put on your cv for the client.