Commis Chef | Sabi Sands | 5 Star Lodge
We are currently looking for a COMMIS CHEF to join this luxury 5 star lodge located on the banks of the Sabi River and providing breathtaking views of the river and wildlife in their natural habitat. The lodge consists of 9 luxurious suites, each located in an utterly private spot overlooking the river. Here guest are treated to an ultimate African Luxury experience. The luxurious suites give guest an opportunity to escape from daily routine for a moment.
As ideal candidate you will have:
- Certificate in culinary arts
- Matric/NQF Level 4
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 1-2 years ‘experience in similar role
Key Focus Areas:
- Plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous Chef/Chef de Partie, ensuring that the highest quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times.
- Ensure that mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure your station/section is kept clean and tidy at all times
Food Costs and Stock Control
- To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives.
- To have an understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit.
- To assist with all stock control functions that is carried out, according to standard operating procedures.
- To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries.
Health and Safety
- Ensure the cleanliness and operation of all kitchen equipment as well as all work areas before production runs, to ensure compliance with OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) regulations as well as HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) protocols.
- Enforce all hygiene, and health and safety regulations and ensure high standards of personal hygiene and clean uniform.
- Reduce accidents and ensure that all safety hazards are addressed and potential problems communicated to the Management.
- Ensure maximum safety and security in all areas under your control and that staff are fully aware of the importance of safety and security
- Market related
- Live in
- Duty meals
Closing date for applications: 8 August
To apply for the Commis Chef | Sabie Sands | 5 Star Lodge, kindly send your CV in word document, with written references and food portfolio
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job! http://www.recruitforafrica.com