JOB TITLE: GENERAL AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ASSOCIATE
Employer: MVMT Attorneys
Location: Killarney, Johannesburg
Salary: Market-related basic salary and incentive scheme
Job Type: Permanent
AA/EE opportunity: Yes
Benefits: Not included
The ideal incumbent is a passionate and professional commercial litigation attorney with a specific focus on Banking, Financial, Insolvency and Company Law.
His/her purpose is to engage with clients, identify key legal issues and to deliver appropriate, timely, realistic and high quality solutions.
Duties and responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge and experience in general and commercial litigation;
- Ability to litigate in both the Magistrates and High Courts;
- A good grasp of the Practice Directives of the Gauteng Division and Gauteng Local Division;
- Drafting of all pleadings, affidavits and notices etc. in respect of both opposed and unopposed applications and defended and undefended actions;
- Drafting of legal opinions in respect of legal issues governing the firm’s core business;
- Understanding of financial statements and insight into companies’ affairs, businesses, property and financial standing; and
- Experience in insolvency and business rescue-related matters.
The ideal incumbent must meet the following requirements
- LLB Degree with excellent academic transcripts;
- Admitted as an attorney with at least 2 years' post article experience;
- Right of appearance in the High Court;
- Own transport;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
- Excellent computer skills; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.