Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Permanent - yearly renewable contract
Type of Business:
Full Expat Package – Basic Salary negotiable dependent on Experience
Basic, housing, transportation allowances
Medical for employee and family living with them in KSA
Annual tickets for employee and family
Education allowance for kids
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the battery limits of the site. To plan, organize, manage, control, and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for production, including the adoption of adequate production planning and control concepts, inspection processes procedures in order to ensure production processes and the products are in accordance with cost, quality standards and quantity norms / specifications. Responsible for plant budgeting and product standard costing cycles.
- Ensures laid down objectives for production in accordance with quality and approved specifications from top management for MSI are met.
- Ensure that production and delivery obligations are met. Make decisions on make-to-order or make-to-stock in order to optimize production and warehouses operations with cost in mind.
- Ensures the targets set for production in terms of volume of production, types of approved steel and utilization of resources the steel-factories are achieved or exceeded within the budget and on time.
- Engages regularly in constructive discussions with the Manager with regard to production capacity planning, production planning and control, supplier-strategies and resource-optimization on production lines.
- Suggest strategies and action plans for plant capacity and machinery upgrades for new product lines and expansions.
- Manages all factory production processes in order to achieve potential production output for planned annual targets.
- In charge of warehousing and stocking policies. Ensures availability of raw materials, equipment and other resources required to adhere to production plans in order to meet delivery schedules.
- Establishes and maintains standards of production with regards to quality, safety of production methods, and selection of raw materials.
- Monitors performance of all production lines continuously and directs the activities of the line supervision.
- Implements specific performance standards and KPIs in such key areas as production and quality; evaluates performance against these standards; coaches and assists the production personnel in improving their performance.
- Ensures that planning for production is carried out as per ‘good practices’ for production planning and control in the specific industry.
- Ensures that proper procedures are in place for product lines to be continuously inspected tested and all contaminated / sub-standard product-batches and immediately separated out and dispensed off with as per industry norms.
- Manages resources within the function, materials / machinery to achieve optimal utilization.
- Manages sub-contractor relationships where the operations are outsourced and manage delivery schedules.
- Implements effective measures to reduce the levels of wastage in order to enhance productivity.
- Ensures that plant, machinery and equipment are subject to regular preventive maintenance Production as per specified norms.
- Ensures that proper procedures are in place and adhered to for the storage of finished goods in the factory and for onward movement to outlets / client-destinations
- Ensures that production personnel are of adequate numbers and competency to meet the planned production schedules.
- Follows procedures of reporting on performance, budgets and other reports required from time to time to the Manager.
Managerial General Responsibilities
- Ensures that subordinates have the required knowledge, skills, competencies and experience in order to reach the Department's objectives.
- Contributes to the selection of personnel within the Department, and oversee the orientation and the performance for new employees.
- Contribute, follow up, persuade, accomplish, and or ensure fulfilment of annual KPI's desired by the respective area and by the Department in all.
- Contributes to the performance and performance appraisal process and ensures that individual and collective performance standards are reached within the Department.
- Track, rectify, and follow up in adhering to budget, and propose fair justification for needed deviations, and or recommend and control solutions to overcome unaccepted or expected deviations, and provide with reports stand for.
- Identifies development needs within the Department and ensures that staff receives appropriate training on an ongoing basis in coordination with relevant departments.
- Supervise the employees and the operations of reporting areas within the Department and monitor performance on a periodic basis.
- Scientific Degree in Mechanical, Production, Industrial or related Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Plant or Operations Manager for a large company operating in the same field, with at least 10 years in Production environment.
- Fluency in English Language. Arabic as first language is preferred.
- Advanced Computer Skills in Microsoft Office and internet browsing.
- Familiar with Simulation models and Statistical Distribution that is essential for initiating Preventive Production Plan or Program.
- Advanced skills in working with Machinery Manuals and Technical Drawings.
- Process-oriented mind-set with advanced analysing, reporting and or follow up techniques.
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response201execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.