Permanent (Starting date: December 2019)
Type of Business:
Education / School
R 24 000 pm
- To teach Math’s to groups of students from all abilities across Grades 8 –10.
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
- To deal with inappropriate behavior quickly and effectively according to the school behavior policy.
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
- To keep work areas tidy and well organized.
- To attend scheduled meetings in the Math’s Department and school.
- To work with colleagues in the Math’s Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of SVCS.
- To ensure that all work in the Math’s Department reflects the distinctive ethos of SVCS.
- To help develop Math’s resources for the school VLE.
- To participate in Math’s events such as trips and primary liaison.
Key Performance Area:
- Teach - Grade 8 – 10
- Curriculum support and well-equipped classroom
- Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Sace Registered
- Teach Math’s
- +2 years working experience in teaching Maths , Science and English after graduation
- Experience in teaching children with special needs.
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.