South Africans only!
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
1 year contract
Type of Business:
Remuneration/ Salary & Benefits:
- 10000 - 20000 SAR – (ZAR 40 000 – ZAR 80 000) + Expat Package
- Basic Monthly Salary is SAR (Saudi Arabia Riyal) 10,000-20,000
- Housing Allowance – 3 month Salary
- Transportation Allowance – 10%
- Insurance - Class C
- Contract Duration – 1 Year
- 30 Days paid vacation per year
- 1 Ticket to home country per year
- Single Status
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager of the Steel Division will manage the steel erection scopes of work and help manage the steel fabrication process.
- Responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of erection projects from initial budget through project closeout
- In conjunction with the Project Superintendent, lead, direct, and coordinate the day-to-day management and construction activities of steel erection projects
- Conduct Constructability analysis to meet the customer's needs
- Resolve day-to-day issues that may arise to ensure a timely, safe, and profitable project
- Interface with other company departments as necessary, which may include schedules, budget changes, material and equipment expenditures, estimating, payroll, personnel matters, construction, masonry, steel groups and all subsidiaries.
- Run & coordinates project meetings
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, & Qualification:
- Understanding of the structural steel fabrication and construction industries and standard construction practices.
- Understanding of Steel Detailing and coordinate with Steel Detailers.
- Communicate with Clients and Project Managers regarding status, or potential questions or issues, and prepare, submit and interpret Requests for Information.
- Ability to process submittals and shop drawings.
- Understanding of AISC, OSHA, IBC and AWS codes, and when and how to apply them
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural design drawings and specifications and fabricator shop and erection drawings.
- Ability to price changes in the work and submit them to the customer.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities, including good time - management skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a complete manner.
- Strong management, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to visualize structural components and assemblies. Work as a part of a team and collaborate with colleagues.
- Must be able to communicate clearly through written or verbal means whether in person or via phone or email.
- A thorough knowledge of company's contracting, finance, purchasing, engineering, and controls procedures as well as advanced knowledge of equipment and construction techniques required.
- Capable of successfully solving difficult contract and contract-related technical problems requiring excellent judgment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BSc in Civil, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- Construction Management a plus
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience in the construction industry related to steel erection and fabrication
- PMP Certification preferred
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response209execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such as any certificates.