South Africans only!
1 year contract
Type of Business:
Remuneration/ Salary & Benefits:
- 1000 - 1500 BHD – (ZAR 40 000 – ZAR 60 000) + Expat Package
- Basic Monthly Salary is BHD 1000-1500
- Housing Allowance – 3-month Salary
- Transportation Allowance – 10%
- Contract Duration – 1 Year
- 30 Days paid vacation per year
- 1 Ticket to home country per year
- Single Status
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and leadership to the departmental team to achieve high quality, productivity and safety standards.
- Insures compliance to production schedules, process quality, efficiency standards, budget, inventory and data reporting.
- Facilitates employee hiring, training, development and performance evaluations. Administers corrective action as needed. Ensures training and education on specific tasks and company related functions. Maintains training matrix.
- Facilitates improvement through team involvement, training and education on specific tasks, safety issues and other company-related functions.
- Submits department budgets and adheres to them. Assists in the capital equipment implementation process.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate supply of departmental shop supplies and materials. Assures proper maintenance of equipment, tools and housekeeping.
- Reviews Client's technical documentation and requirements.
- Controls subcontracted discipline engineering documents.
- Sets up and executes assigned engineering activities such as detail design, verification, and studies relevant to any engineering & fabrication/Installation.
- Engineering and design optimization in term of costs, fabrication simplicity and safety
- Prepares design specifications, MTO, BOQ’s, S.O.W, & Technical Specs for Misc. Steel Fabrication/Installation
- Prepares technical documentation for steel structure material requisition and assists the procurement dept. in the technical evaluations.
- Controls manufacturer’s shop drawings and connection calculation notes and details.
- Supervises/Approves steel structure drawings issued by designers and draftsmen.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to General Manager
Skills, Knowledge, Qualification, & Experience:
- BSc in Civil, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Ability to produce detailed calculations and drawings of Structural elements
- Proficient in Auto-cad
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing Miscellaneous Steel Fabrication workshop
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others
- Ability to work independently, as required, and able to use own initiative
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response209execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such as any certificates.
You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.