House Manager | Au Pair (JB207)
Bellville, Cape Town
R15 - 25 000.00 per month + Medical Aid contribution after three months
- The position is suited for live in or live out applicants
- Ideally, candidates should have their own vehicle however a company vehicle can be arranged if the candidate only has a driver’s license.
- Working hours are Monday to Friday 08h00 - 18h00 and on weekends from time to time which will be prearranged.
- Must be fluent in English, ability to speak Afrikaans would be beneficial but not required
- Able to step in and assist should a staff member not be available
Position available for a dynamic, mature individual to manage a family home of two parents and 4 children in Bellville, Cape Town. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task think on their feet and manage job functions with limited input from the employer.
The family has strict requirements on how certain tasks and processes are managed within the household, proper training will be provided however the applicants nature must be one of being able to strictly stay within requirements and follow through with expectations. Professional work ethic and high attention to detail is required.
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the home runs smoothly, in accordance to the family preferences
- Manage the household schedules and home administration
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate events (Limited)
- Identify, schedule and supervise home maintenance and projects
- Manage household budgeting, meal planning and purchasing
- Supervise 2 Cleaners, 1 Gardener and 1 Chef
Au Pair Duties:
- Collect children from school, extracurricular activities and appointments
- Be available for younger children to assist with projects, reading etc. during homework time
- Ensure age appropriate activities and games
- Ensure a collaborative stance on pre-defined rules
- Provide necessary care and comfort should one or more of the children fall ill
- Run errands , pack school bags, lunch bags and sport equipment, doing general clothes shopping when needed. Covering books, buying birthday gifts. Organise cupboards and tidy rooms and play areas
( Please note that this post is not suited to someone who only has previous au pair experience, house management experience is essential)
The successful candidate will be required to be available 24 hours at times when parents are away on business or overseas - this will be paid as an extra over salary. Working in collaboration with the parents PA’s at their businesses when needed.
Please email CV to ngopukapply.simplify.hrand quote JB207 in the subject line
Or apply online at https://kontak.simplify.hr/vacancy/ngopuk
More positions https://www.kontak.co.za/vacancies.php