PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Industrial Products) Woodstock, Cape Town
To source and procure industrial/technical products for a company that provides procurement solutions for the oil and gas and mining industry in Africa.
Salary Market related and Benefits
In particular, the scope of products sourced will include, but is not limited to:
· Steel / Metallurgic Products, Lubricants & Chemicals, Machinery & Tools
· Building Materials, Plant & Vehicles & Various services, etc.
· Receive and analyse enquiries received from clients (specification matching), noting that most of our clients are based outside of South Africa (Angola, DRC, Mozambique, Tanzania and other African countries)
· Source suppliers and products (locally and internationally) via our database, market research and Internet
· Collecting all the necessary information to be able to quote the client, utilizing mark up and foreign exchange conversion and utilizing our in-house software package
· After the quotation has been sent, follow up with the client etc.
· When client orders, place the order with supplier(s)
· Liaison with Logistics department regarding transportation of goods
· Inspection of products, Labeling of goods, Preparing Packing Lists
· Be present at loading of the goods
· Finalise invoices
· Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree
· French and/or Portuguese is beneficial (verbal and written communication skills).
· Preferably 2 years’ experience in local and international sourcing for industrial/technical products
· Preferably 2 years’ experience in import and export (preferably to Angola, DRC and other African countries) using Cross Trade, Air Freight, Sea Freight, Road Freight, Project Freight, and courier express shipments
· Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple critical projects simultaneously
· Organised and highly meticulous. Attention to detail and accuracy are paramount
· Flexible but also firm enough to be able negotiate with suppliers
· Driver’s license, with own roadworthy vehicle
Frogg Recruitment SA