Technical Advisor: Security Industry
R12 000 – R14 000 basic + R2 000 Car Allowance, Medical Aid & Pension Fund, 13th Cheque
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an IT position!! Applicants must have technical knowledge of security products – CCTV, Access Control, DVR/NVR, Alarms Systems, Time&Attendance readers, Electric Fencing, Intercoms, Remotes & Receivers etc.
Our leading Security/Electronics provider requires a Technician to assist customers telephonically, face to face and on site with all technical queries and problems related to their products and provide an efficient and professional service to ensure the company successfully meets its sales goals and objectives
- Matric + 4 years technical experience in the SECURITY electronics sector
- Contactable references & valid payslips for previous position
- The incumbent must be qualified or have demonstrated above average technical abilities and experience.
- Must be prepared to travel within the area to assist customers on site.
- A car and valid driver’s licence are inherent requirements of this position.
- Must be willing to undergo training outside of normal working hours.
- The incumbent must ensure a consistent standard of excellence and professionalism in all interaction with people.
- Must understand the concept of responsibility to mean ‘taking ownership of’ and be prepared to personally see though to the end any task assigned.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers with technical queries on all products.
- Provide a high standard of technical assistance to customers on-site and at the trade counter, and telephonically.
- Technical support is to be provided only on company products.
- Generate all necessary administration, for example Job Sheets, Component usages and the Invoicing thereof etc.
- Provide ‘on-the-job’ coaching for staff in the branch.
- Check faulty goods prior to sending them in for repairs and complete the appropriate paperwork required.
INTERNAL SALES ASSISTANCE:
- You will be required to assist at the trade counter as and when it becomes necessary.
- Customersat our trade counter are to be served quickly, efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Advise management immediately if discounting becomes necessary, if negative feedback is received regarding service, quality or pricing, or if customers repeatedly request an item not yet part of product range.
- Adhere to all procedures and systems regarding cheque and account clearances etc before any goods are handed over.