Deputy Project Manager (CIVIL)
Central African Republic (Bangui)
1 Year Contract - Renewable
Type of Business:
Construction/Engineering Consulting Firm
4 000 US Dollars pm plus annual performance related bonus + accommodation, meals, laundry, healthcare insurance and local transport are provided free, 54 days paid leave per annum with 3 flights per annum paid to home country. For every 156 days in station, 27 days of leave to be taken
Purpose of the Job:
A Deputy Project Manager will work with the project manager closely to ensure the smooth running of the project. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Scheduling; assigning staff; allocating resources; assessing risk and its management; coordinating the various components which contribute to the project as a whole to ensure they are being delivered on time; ensuring that deadlines are met; and updating staff and keeping all interested parties in the project informed of progress and any issues which may arise.
· Prepares work plan and schedules each phase of the engineering project to which he is assigned responsible for day to day operation of project, assigns duties, responsibilities and performance goals.
· Coordinates with Project Manager and Manager – Planning and Control in selecting equipment and machinery required for projects, prepares program for optimum utilization.
· Ensures that site engineers adhere to performance goals at each stage of the project, ensures performance goals are attained within the time and cost limitations established.
· Responds to customer questions and complaints to ensure quality customer service and relationships are developed and maintained.
· Prepares project status reports, informs Project Manager of any changes in scope of work that would affect the schedule or cost, prepares supplemental fee proposals as required.
· Initiates payment requests for Project Manager approval to ensure the fulfilment of contract requirements.
· Ensures delivery of complete Contract Documents to the client in a timely and professionally manner.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in Civil Engineering, plus A minimum of 10-12 years engineering experience in Construction.
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response201execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.