BSc or B. Eng Electronics or BSc Electronics
Minimum of three years' experience gained in a manufacturing environment and three years' experience in a design and development environment
Sound knowledge and understanding of a wide spectrum of engineering disciplines but specialized in the field of electronics
Experience and knowledge in process optimization and industrial engineering principles
Sound knowledge of National Instruments equipment
Key Performance Areas
- Manage Research and Development
- Manage Component Inspection Function
- Drawing Office (Not Primarily responsible but will Act as backup)
- Test department
- BOM Department, smooth running of test department
Manage Research And Development
· Lead and co-ordinate all research and development activities in the company by applying sound project management principles and technical knowledge.
· Ensure all projects are well defined in terms of the scope, budget and time in which it needs to be completed.
· Identify, plan and execute continuous improvement projects, both internal and external that will save time, cost and improve quality.
· Support other departments with technical expertise to solve problems and resolve queries.
Manage Component Inspection Function
· Ensure that all semiconductor components are inspected and that any non-conformances are identified and resolved by communicating it to the relevant parties.
· Ensure that technical library and database is updated and maintained and that all the information is documented to aid other departments.
· Resolve queries from other departments pertaining to components.
Drawing Office (Not Primarily Responsible But Will Act As Backup)
· Ensure optimal stencil and panel layout and design is followed for Company processes.
· Provide PCB Layout and electronic design services for external clients as well as internally for jigs, test equipment etc.
· Manage technical libraries and configuration control for PCB manufacturing files.
· Investigate and resolve technical non-conformances on PCBs.
· Identify problem areas and find solutions to improve yield or streamline test methodologies.
· Assist with complex fault finding and root cause failure analyses.
· Ensure that BOMs are compiled and maintained accurately and timeously and that all special instructions are followed and implemented.
· Ensure that all queries emanating from the compilation of the BOMs are formally communicated through the correct channels and that the loop is closed once feedback is received.
· Ensure Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) are done accurately and timeously.