Sales Coordinator, Shipping Industry, Durban
Sales Support is responsible for evaluating and responding to requests from customers, maintaining contracts, and communicating to customers any change and/or development while ensuring proper adherence to the policies and procedures. Support the sales execution by creating and delivering quotations within turnaround time. Handle all back-office activities, perform commercial follow up task and give clear handover information to customer services. In addition, coordination is in charge of keeping commodity verticals up to date with respective agency offices in South, West or East Africa.
· Preparing rate quotations, filtering of rate request to ensure cargo identified and quoted is align to company aspirations and optimize vessel utilization in view of volume and profitability
· Generate and file RA’s
· Day to day TM discussions
· Applying for Free time & waivers
· Reviewing quotations on basis of contribution and imbalances aspects using FIS pre-calculation
· Coordinating with Trade Management for service contract proposals and special rate offers
· Handling free time & waiver application.
· Maintaining contracts and amendments.
· Handling of Bids / Tenders
· Following up on account quotes and existing accounts in conjunction with all respective departments.
· Providing lead qualification for telephone sales and working with Sales Execution to identify and secure target accounts
· Filing/publishing rates, service contracts and amendments with the FMC
· Managing customer disputes including coordination with involved parties, e.g. Operations, Sales Execution
· Handling campaign management and coordinate mass mailings for customers
· Handling Customer Data Management (Organizational Catalogue)
· Handling updating of CRM with rate offers, customer follow ups done
· Pricing assistance to agents in Africa
· KPI performance and monitoring tabled and discussed during weekly 1 on 1 with manager / supervisor
· Any other Sales related tasks as requested by the Management.
· Communication Skills
· Active knowledge of market, maritime documents and commercial terms
· Active knowledge of sales techniques
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a commercial role, preferably in the maritime sector
· Active knowledge of English “maritime” language
· Active knowledge of MS Office
· Assertive negotiator
· Team player with a proactive attitude
· Result Driven