Operations of East and Southern Africa (Shipping / Maintenance / Budgets) - Durban, South Africa
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations of East and Southern Africa based in Durban. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day operations for Transport, Marine and Equipment.
The operations manager will assure the economic and efficient movement of cargo. They will be responsible to resolve claims and negotiate vendor contracts. They represent the company to the operations staff and to vendors and competitors. Must work with urgency.
· At least 5 years’ experience in the shipping industry;
· Tertiary qualification advantageous
· Assertive negotiator;
· Experience with Container vessel planning, Container Management, Transport Management;
· Team player with a proactive attitude;
· Ability to work under pressure, work with urgency, goal and deadline driven;
· Decision maker;
· Must have a sound integrity;
· FIS Schedule Maintenance;
· Equipment forecast Accuracy;
· Purchase order capture speed and accuracy;
· Turnaround time – MTY equipment.
· Take lead role in new projects for East and Southern Africa;
· Day to day management of Ports & Terminal Operations, Maintenance & Repairs and Equipment Control for East and Southern Africa;
· Establish effective vendor relationships and ensure compliance with QEM targets for East and Southern Africa;
· Ensure and monitor adherence to Standard Business Process in Africa;
· Co-ordinate and steer cost accountability for East and Southern Africa operational group and agencies;
· Establish high-level relationships with Senior Management of terminals, port authorities, depots and transporters;
· Develop operational strategies and SOP’s to grow the company’s presence in the area;
· Coaching, training, and mentoring operations staff;
· Reviewing and grading vendors’ performance so as to maximum operational efficiencies;
· Strategize best practices for growing over-dimension & hazardous cargo;
· Manage budgeting and controlling costs;
· Representing the company at various meetings.
Please apply online
Frogg Recruitment SA