BARBERTON CHAMBER OF BUSINESS - Association not for Gain established 1887
The Barberton Tourism and Biodiversity Corridor (BATOBIC) Programme is run under the auspices of the Barberton Chamber of Business and funded jointly by the Chamber and National Department of Tourism and others. This tourism development programme is focused on developing sustainable nature based, adventure and cultural tourism in the Tourism and Biodiversity Corridor area, within the sub-regional context (Barberton Mountainlands Makhonjwa World Heritage Site and the Songimvelo-Malolotja Trans Frontier Conservation Area).
The following position is available at the BATOBIC Programme:
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
§ The management and implementation of the BATOBIC programme and related organizational management;
§ Implement the programme through appropriate strategies;
§ Define project parameters and present project plans;
§ Manage existing funding and secure additional project funding;
§ Procure and manage service providers;
§ Further duties include investor mobilisation, managing project teams, project risks, project budgets, and time schedules, preparing progress reports and giving feedback to management;
§ The incumbent will be expected to focus on expanding the programme and mobilising further funds on the strength of a well-established track record.
The successful applicant will require strong leadership and inter-personal skills and be able to manage a goal orientated multi-faceted programme. Have the ability to motivate and direct people, work both in a team environment, independently and under pressure.
The applicant should have the following as minimum requirements:
- This is a BEE Position. Only previously disadvantaged Applicants will be considered;
- A relevant academic qualification in the development planning and/or project management fields;
- A relevant economic or financial qualification will be a recommendation;
- At least ten years of relevant experience on a senior project management level;
- At least ten years of development related experience in South or Southern Africa;
- At least five years experience in driving regional multi-sectoral, socio–economic development initiatives including soliciting project funding.
- Experience in managing trans-boundary development initiatives would be a recommendation;
- Prior knowledge of the Tourism and Biodiversity Corridor initiative and background would be a recommendation;
- Particular emphasis will be placed on the tourism led development aspects of the applicant’s experience.
- The applicant mustpossess proven investor mobilisation, project management,administrative and organizational skills, good computer literacy, have ability to maintain sound interpersonal relations,
- Be willing to adapt to tourism industry requirements and understand and respect organizational and business management and leadership structures in both public and private sector.
- The applicant must be fluent in English both spoken and written while SiSwati will be an advantage.
Competitive remuneration congruent with the experience required, scope, responsibilities and stature of the position will be offered. The successful candidate will be offered a performance based, fixed term agreement, which will be extended based on satisfactory performance evaluation. We reserve the right to withdraw any positions
A detailed CV together with at least three traceable references should be forwarded to chamberbarberton.co.za. Total email size is limited to 500kb. Do not include copies of certificates and supporting documents at this stage as these will be requested only of shortlisted candidates who will be invited for an interview.
The closing date for applications will be 16 February,2018. Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date should regard their applications as unsuccessful