Responsible for the identification, design, approval, contracting, development and project management of new and existing properties (wholly owned or co-owned) Manages developments, refurbishment projects, extensions and alterations. Work on several projects at a time. Performs with a watching brief on behalf of the organization on capital projects including liaising and management of professional teams.
· Procure development rights
· Appoint professionals
· Analyse the project requirements and develop detailed feasibilities studies, including both technical and financial input for projects within the overall
· The organization’s company strategy
· Review marketing strategy
· Develop project execution schedules on sound engineering principles within the parameters used for the feasibility studies
· Prepare the capital expenditure forecast
· Assess materials and labour requirements and develop the capital project budget for final approval by the Board
· Ensure that tenders are properly analysed, evaluated and adjudicated
· Ensure that tender risk is properly assessed and tender sensitivity analysis is properly carried out
· Ensure that contractual disputes are properly managed
· Ensure that cash flow and financial risk analysis are made on a continuous basis
· Ensure the adherence to safety standards to ensure legal compliance by carrying out safety audits on a regular basis
· Coordinate and propose prioritisation of projects to be undertaken for approval by the EXCO
· Is responsible for the planning, approval of and implementation of projects so that the objectives as defined and agreed are successfully completed within the required time, quality and budget.
· Monitor and control the projects and early reporting of any issues and risks related to the delivery of the objectives, budget, resources or delivery dates
· Develop and manage an integrated plan for all the projects policies to facilitate strategic alignment and ensure effective delivery of identified projects
· Produce regular accurate progress reports so that the internal stakeholders are informed of progress and activities on projects
· Liaise with and involve all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the projects are integrated into the policies and procedures to avoid overlap of work/functions and ensure also that ownership of the project is transferred successfully to the relevant department on completion of the project
· Provide advice on prioritisation of projects to ensure that sufficient funds are available for the completion of the projects
· Interface between external suppliers, professionals and the organization
· Attend technical meetings with the suppliers and contractors
· Identify potential risks, threats and conflict situations and minimise the implication on the projects
· Managing the development yield and ensuring that time and quality is not compromised.
· Manage project funding sources in conjunction with Finance.
· Monitor marketing strategy.
· Facilitate the timeous submission by the other consultants to obtain statutory and regulatory approvals.
· Manage and administer the contracts and processes including the preparation and coordination of the procedures and documentation to facilitate the practical completion of the works.
· Complete the project close out including the preparation of necessary documentation to facilitate the effective completion handover and operation of the project.
· Compile management and board reports.
· Prepare monthly development management reports on line projects.
· Prepare submissions for the organization’s Board subcommittees
· Centres: Chair the monthly Development Management Committee meetings.
· Appointment of contractors and awarding of tenders in line with Procurement Policy.
· Attendance of development, project and planning site meetings on designated portfolio.
· Monitoring and controlling cash flow forecast and budgeting against actuals.
· Assisting with budget preparations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Registered Quantity Surveyor with the SA Council of Quantity Surveyors or other built environmental specialist
· B Sc Degree plus a post qualification degree
· 10 years’ experience at senior level