Technical Services Manager, Underground Mining (Central America)
Our client with their mining operations in Central America would like to interview suitable candidates for the position of Technical Services Manager.
The purpose of this role is to manage the mining technical services and geology activity and outcomes in compliance with the Company standard and statutory legislation. The role is responsible for the long term mine planning, geological, and survey activities.
Salary up to US$160K per annum plus benefits.
- Good communication skills in Spanish (desirable) and fluency in English, both oral and written;
- Qualifications in Mining Engineering, Geology or an associated field
- More than 10 years and preferably >12 years mine engineering and / or mining geology experience with hands on professional experience, with the majority in underground mining;
- Experience in working to budgets and capital cost expectations, ventilation and grade control
- Proven experience as a technical manager in a similar role;
- Ability to read and understand mine plans using software such as Mine 24D (EPS), AutoCAD, A-Mine or other software, and advanced Excel;
- Must be familiar with underground ventilation methods and the use of ventilation software.
- Strong technical skills in Geology, Mine Engineering, Mine Planning and Survey
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills
- Ability to direct employees to achieve set targets
- Proven relationship builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Goal driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes and coaches employees to meet high performance standards
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strategic in business planning.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety, Health, Environment and Community:
- Promote awareness and comply with site standards and procedures in SHE
- Demonstrate effective performance in achieving agreed SHE goals in support of the department, site and company standards
- Demonstrates leadership in SHE through personal behaviors and conversations, and ensuring that the Mine Technical Services team report all SHE incidents and participate in SHE initiatives
- Provide clear expectations on performance in SHE through setting objectives in SHE for all employees and contractors
- Take responsibility for the safety of all personnel, including yourself.
- Ensure production and geological support is provided to the Mining and Metallurgy departments, by the timely provision of information necessary for detailed mine planning, scheduling and ore characterization
- Manage grade control planning to ensure maximum ore recovery, minimize ore dilution and increase the mine resource
- Ensure resources and reserves are calculated to the standard
- Ensure mine planning, design and scheduling services are provided to the Mining and Metallurgy departments
- Manage the provision of specialized technical input through the engineering and planning process to optimize mine performance for the life of the mines
- Ensure geotechnical support and advice is available to the Mining departments
- Ensure surveying services are available to the Mining departments
- Manage the MTS budget and assist the Mining Operations to achieve the Strategy Plan
- Manage expenditure to within budget levels
- Understand, review and adjust activity within your responsibility, in compliance with Company policies and procedures, to deliver “physical” outcomes within budget/forecast operating and capital cost.
- Manage all exploration activities for mineral resources on the mining and exploration leases under the control of the Company, as targeted in the strategic plan
- Ensure that exploration activities comply with the Company and statutory expectations
- Engage and empower others to deliver and share improvement and excellence to ensure that better efficiencies are determined.
People and Organization:
- Provide effective leadership, performance management, career development and succession planning of team personnel
- Lead by example with supportive behaviors promoting a ‘team’ and cooperative approach, sharing resources, knowledge and ideas with other teams
- Appropriately prioritize activity to continuously achieve target production ‘physical’ outcomes with the aim to exceed customer expectations without unforeseen hindrance
- Support for and adherence to the Company Values and Behavior expectations.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a detailed ENGLISH MS Word CV to andrecareeravenue.co.za for consideration.