For the consultants at Talent Acquisition by Cilliers & Associates; talent attraction is a passion, it is not about simply filling a vacancy, it is an opportunity to change and enhance the quality of the workforce of a company and improving their outcomes as well as providing new opportunities and experiences for candidates.
With more than 20 years experience in both internal and external recruitment we have developed the skills to not only to match requirements on a job spec, but also to identify talent who fit into the organisational culture and to integrate that talent into organisations with great success.
Our combined recruitment experience spans across various industries including, medical and pharmaceutical, engineering, finance, motor, FMCG, sales, marketing, academic and recruiting for organisations in the NGO arena. Having interviewed and placed staff from entry level to professionals and executives.
Establishing the right attraction strategy and designing and implementing the correct methodology to recruit and retain talented human capital is what we do!
We specialise in finding and placing people whose behaviours are aligned to your company culture. We don't just match skills!
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Cape Town - WOODSTOCK
We are seeking an IT Support Technician with a proven record in solving complex technical and system-level issues. The individual should be detail focused, able to multi-task, a quick learner and eager to acquire new skills. This role requires self-management, prioritisation of own work and the ability to manage client expectations appropriately. The ideal candidate will have a helping attitude, be positive, approachable, patient and have a coaching style when upskilling users.
Description and responsibilities
1. Technical Support
- Handle daily technical support activities for desktop users
- Setup desktop computers, peripherals & network connections
- Install role-specific software applications and manage permissions and user profiles
- Troubleshoot PCs and make recommendations in terms of re-building, upgrading, or replacing
- Train end-users on usage of computer hardware and software
- Assist with research & support the roll-out of new online/desktop applications
- Develop and manage effective professional working relationships with service providers (e.g. Cloud infrastructure, Internet, phone system, repairs, etc.)
- Work with system admin to resolve issues and perform configuration and maintenance
- Possibly work with developers and system admin with continuous integration environment and scripting
2. Security and Policy management
- Adhere to policies as per corporate manuals and directives and assist with the drafting of these policies where required
- Develop processes to ensure staff are adhering to industry standards when it comes to security, updates, backups, etc.
3. Asset management
- Source and procure equipment and software licenses
- Manage software licenses and hardware warranties, insurance and lifetimes
- Maintain computer peripheral devices like printers and resolve associated problems, either directly or via service providers
- Degree or Diploma in IT
- 2 or more years of experience in IT support
- Overall understanding of IT infrastructure and networking, including mobile networks and devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on accurate and meaningful feedback to the user
- Systematic approach to problem-solving
- Basic scripting language programming knowledge (e.g., powershell, windows batch, bash)
- Technical qualification in A+, N+, and/or MCSE
- Jenkins, CI environment experience
- Basic linux experience
- Some cloud (AWS) infrastructure experience
Please submit your comprehensive cv along with a motivation for application to adeletaca.co.za