For the consultants at Talent Acquisition by Cilliers & Associates; talent attraction is a passion, it is not about simply filling a vacancy, it is an opportunity to change and enhance the quality of the workforce of a company and improving their outcomes as well as providing new opportunities and experiences for candidates.
With more than 20 years experience in both internal and external recruitment we have developed the skills to not only to match requirements on a job spec, but also to identify talent who fit into the organisational culture and to integrate that talent into organisations with great success.
Our combined recruitment experience spans across various industries including, medical and pharmaceutical, engineering, finance, motor, FMCG, sales, marketing, academic and recruiting for organisations in the NGO arena. Having interviewed and placed staff from entry level to professionals and executives.
Establishing the right attraction strategy and designing and implementing the correct methodology to recruit and retain talented human capital is what we do!
We specialise in finding and placing people whose behaviours are aligned to your company culture. We don't just match skills!
Cape Town - WOODSTOCK
Become part of a team of people who are passionate about the social-impact their mobile-first-technology products create.
Ensure the web and mobile applications are soundly engineered and deployed in line with industry best practice. Our teams collaborate to deliver and support high-profile, high-impact solutions across a variety of sectors including Health, Education, Research and Enterprise Mobility.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about software development and want to make the world a better place with the code they write. You will need to work independently but enjoy contributing as part of a team.
Description and responsibilities
1. Design, planning and implementation of web and mobile applications
- Provide discrete task estimates.
- Architect features/modules with consideration of constraints such as costs and internal and external timelines.
- Develop high-quality code according to company standards and guidelines while balancing time constraints to meet the relevant objectives.
- Develop tests and apply appropriate unit and integration testing techniques for the relevant features where possible.
2. Resolution of technical production issues
- Investigate the source of application issues in production related to the web and mobile applications.
- Resolve & retest.
- Document the relevant scenarios, causes and resolution of the issues/defects.
3. Deployment and technical documentation of web and mobile applications
- Setup of staging/testing environments and configuration of build/deployment scripts.
- Follow deployment processes that have been generated. Raise any concerns with information that is missing or incorrect.
- Keep the technical project documentation up to date.
4. Build capacity & aid other team members
- Mentor and support the professional development of less experienced team members
- Deliver code & feature walk-throughs to upskill other team members
- Research and contribute to best practices through the development team
- Perform code reviews and other quality improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- 6 or more years of professional industry experience with software development, platform management and operations
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to effectively communicate across functional teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment with significant complexity
- Honours degree (or higher) qualification
- Experience leading or managing small technical teams
- Experience working with NOSQL databases
- Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies
- Experience in the ICT4Development and/or Research sectors
Please submit your comprehensive cv along with a motivation for application to adeletaca.co.za