Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Langeberg Mall, Mosselbay
Type of Business:
Retail Pharmaceutical Chain
R115 615 per annum (negotiable depending on relevant experience)
Purpose of the Role:
To support the Store Manager in ensuring the efficient operation of the store and service excellence by driving sales and building customer loyalty in order to meet sales, profit and compliance targets, leading to a competitive advantage for the brand.
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximising sales through the execution of promotional activities and driving cross-selling, up-selling initiatives and superior customer service across the store team.
- To efficiently execute all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To successfully execute in-store visual merchandising, ensuring the in-store presentation and promotional standards are met and that the appearance of the store is in line with the brand image.
- To support the Store Manager in ensuring staff are motivated and directed to achieve their targets and performance goals and effectively managed in the absence of the store manager.
- To assist the Store Manager in maintaining the work schedule on a daily basis in line with the Group's labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- To execute customer service initiatives in store that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To attend to all administrative responsibilities in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths/Maths Literacy/Accounting Min40% and English Min40%)
- Desirable: Degree in Relevant Retail/Business Management
- Desirable: Minimum 2 years relevant experience in an assistant store management/Supervisory role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
Job Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding and application of financial management principles
- Retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Knowledge of people management
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
- Numeracy skills
- Results and target driven
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Following instructions and procedures
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with people
- Leading and Supervising
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response201execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.