Job Title: Production Editor
Duration: 12-month renewable Contract
- Manage the company’s strategy related to writing and editing;
- Create powerful content that would assist in generating quality leads, extending brand influence, growing customer lists and increasing market share
- Be in charge of content production, which includes the development, editing, management, quality control and implementation
- Lead the editorial team (digital editor, contributors, journalists and interns)
- Coordinate various professionals, contributors and stakeholders
- Continuously conduct research on interesting editorial stories using a variety of resources
- Write articles, press releases, blog posts, social media updates, etc.
- Edit all content before publication to ensure written materials provide the most impact or view
- Go over articles with a fine-tooth comb to pick out any spelling, grammatical or stylistic errors, and fact check all copy.
- Writing and re-writing copy: Headings, captions, blurbs etc…
- Check images and illustrations are correct
- Look out for potential legal problems and plagiarism in copy
- Supervise and oversee the editorial production, from idea generation to publication
- Create and manage production schedule (editorial, design and advertising) to make sure that publication deadlines are met
- Update production schedule and send to team (frequency tbc). Follow up on areas that need attention.
- Update the Dummy for sign off by board
- Pagination: improve readability and navigation of publication
- Manages the production and circulation of layouts and final artwork
- Ensure production of publication is cost effective by sourcing images, illustrations etc..
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary English/ Communications/ Journalism qualification
- Global insights into economics, politics, lifestyle, arts and culture
- Comfortable with using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong Administration Skills
- Ability to evaluate the journalistic and professional quality of the content
- Leadership skills
- Coordination skills
- Problem solving skills
- At least 10 years in the Publishing industry with both print and digital media.
- Proven track record
- Client service experience