Build, maintain and expand relationships with IFAs in order to increase new business opportunities. Support the delivery of client experience in order to enhance and promote financial wellness, by recruiting, developing and retaining a productive Broker Consultant team.
Responsibilities and work outputs
Implement tactics to develop and maximize new business and maintain client relationships
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunity for growth and provide relevant sales support
- Develop innovative methods to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Develop plans and tactics for the achievement of sales targets
- Engage with prospective IFAs to determine their financial wellness and business needs and provide them with clear and accurate information
- Contribute to the solution design process based on client requirements in order to effectively package and market products or solutions to meet clients financial wellness needs.
- Facilitate presentations, meetings and discussions with IFAs and to create awareness of the various features and benefits associated with the various products
- Provide ongoing support to IFAs to facilitate growth and sustained business relationship
- Pursue new business targets and drive the achievement of targets to increase new business and the acquisition of new clients
- Ensure the engagement strategy is embedded and marketing advisors/practice coach execute the philosophy
Engage with clients in a client centric manner (Client Services)
- Provide authoritative, expertise and guidance to clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders to Broker Consultants and IFAs
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
Effectively lead team
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour in line with vital behaviours through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Select and recruit suitably qualified talent in line with Employment Equity principles and the organization’s values
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Execute effective workforce planning practices to ensure that staffing requirements are accurately forecasted
- Identify employee growth and development needs and schedule interventions to enable ongoing development, training and personal growth.
- Effectively drive performance excellence within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Encourage innovation, ensure integrity in communication, change agility and collaboration within the team
Manage budget and implement sound financial controls
- Control the budget for area, including the authorisation of expenditures and implementation of financial regulations.
- Manage high risk and financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy.
- Implement and manage financial risk methodologies, techniques and systems and use to monitor and report on financial activities.
- Implement and provide feedback on the effectiveness of financial policy, practice and procedures: preventing illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance policies in own practice area, to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Investigate reported wilful acts of non-compliance to organisation policy and practice and report on findings.
- Delivering and Initiating Action
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectation
- Drive for Results
- Creating and Innovating
- Leading and Supervising
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Adapting and Responding to change
- Growing Talent
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Management, Marketing degree or Industry related NQF 6
- 5 to 8 years' experience within a financial services environment