My client houses its own In-House Underwriting system/infrastructure. The primary role of this position is to maintain the current infrastructure and to consult on and develop the Information Technology Infrastructure for client
Minimum is a nationally approved MSCE Qualification or degree with Computer science as a major.
Skill Set Required:
Strong written and verbal communication.
Computer literacy at intermediate or high level with focus on; 3.3.1. XLS, ability to do complex calculations and functionality.
PHP, MS SQL and C# Knowledge
Ability to read and modify existing code
Mobile application development skills (Android and IOS)
Minimum is 3 years in System Administration.
Data base experience.
Interaction with senior management.
Interaction with system developers.
Interaction with Audit Partners.
Flexibility in working hours due to possible operational requirements.
No Criminal Record.
No Adverse Credit Record .
No adverse record with the FSB.
Translation of Skill Sets to operational implementation
Is understood by clients and colleagues.
Communicate with tact and diplomacy.
Explain complex and / or technical matter clearly and accurately.
Is perceived as self-assured and credible.
• Identifies and establishes rapport with key decision makers.
• Maintains relationships through times of tension, pressure or disagreement.
• Is viewed as someone that always delivers.
• Is viewed by clients as someone who understands their needs and responds promptly.
Maintain Industry and Sector Awareness
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of industry regulations.
• Actively network horizontally and vertically through their respective accounts.
Drive and Commitment to Results
• Meets and where possible exceeds clients’ needs and expectations.
• Is viewed as personally committed to achieving results.
• Is proactive and works on own initiative.
• Demonstrates independence of thought and action.
Resilience and Coping with Pressure
• Can tolerate working under pressure.
Has a sense of perspective and humor.
• Is able to recover from setbacks and disappointments.
• Seeks feedback and learns from mistakes.
• Is able to switch off from work.
Analytical and Proactive Thinking
• Analyses complex data and extract essentials.
• Offers views and opinions.
• Identifies the crux of a problem and the priorities.
• Is logical and coherent in thought processes.
• Challenges assumptions and probes detail.
• Has a breadth of view and medium to long-term thinking
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Maintenance of the processes systems and controls.
• Ensure compliance.
• Assist with Audits and reports.
• Assist the HOD Operations.
• Development and implementation of Disaster Recovery strategy for the company
• Responsible for annual testing and documentation of core servers.
• Weekly checks of the Ability Financial system.
• Updating companie’s web page.
• Procurement of IT hardware and software.
• The management of IT supplier relationships and contracts.
• Develop review process with regard to Security Policies.
• Team member with the implementation of special projects.
• Implementation and maintenance of Servers.
• PC support.
• Monitoring of network and implementation of changes to the
• PABX support and Telephone monitoring and recording.