Key Account Manager : Ruminants
R700 – 900 000 p.a. CTC + quarterly and annual incentive bonuses
Our industry leading client seeks a Key Account Manager to manage customer relationships, sales and product profitability for Ruminant producers on a national basis.
- Organize and manage relationships with key distributors, integrators, influencers, consultants and end users.
- Develop the Beef cattle strategy and implementation plan, annual budgets for sales, GM and OPEX and achieve annual goals
- Develop the Dairy strategy and implementation plan, annual budgets for sales, GM and OPEX and achieve annual goals
- Build momentum in the Animal Health business in the ruminant segment, with the key focus on in-feed additives in feedlot and dairy. Presumes 90% of time and energy
- Call on customers and end users
- Build a network of resources to support key products
- Represent and present at trade shows and industry events
- Keeps abreast of trends in the field, reports and champions new thought with management in respective divisions
- Enlist technical support resources as needed to efficiently and effectively meet customer and national sales requirements.
- Develop and implement appropriate research and demonstration trials
- Achieving/exceeding revenue and gross margin sales targets nationally for the entire portfolio of products.
- Building product and brand awareness with key customers, influences, and end users
- Develop a comprehensive business plan that sets key account plans, priorities, and tactics for delivering results.
- Ongoing reporting on progress against goals and strategies for building the Business in the territory
· Tertiary Degree and 5 years Animal Health industry experience
· Fully Bilingual (English/ Afrikaans)
· Clean driver’s licence and own vehicle
· Hunter type personality with strong customer focus
· Quantitative and financial understanding
· Understanding of nutrition and biological function in cattle
- Sound understanding of Feedlot and Dairy production and feeding systems
- Good understanding of regulatory environment
- Working knowledge of scientific basis of MFA and Nutritional Product lines and how products deliver value to producers.
- Conversant in the current trends in husbandry of cattle
· Strong negotiator