To be an effective and dynamic member of the Executive team driving all aspects of Quality, Business Compliance and Occupational Health & Safety throughout the Group. Lead these critical functions and business aspects by setting the highest possible professional standards and constantly promoting these with all the Group clients and staff. Build these core values into the Groups business strategy and take a leading part in the execution of this strategy. The successful applicant must have strong communication skills and be comfortable with engaging clients at Executive and Board of Directors level.
To ensure that the QHS strategy and objectives are integrated into the operational practices of the organisation through the implementation of an effective management system, thus enabling effective risk management, monitoring and continual improvement of QHS performance. This monitoring and improvement must demonstrate the value that these procedures bring across our service offering and to the profitability and sustainability of the business.
Qualifications / Skills
- Tertiary qualification National Diploma, Degree, Btech in Safety, Environmental, or related fields
- Lead Auditor / Internal Auditor in ISO9001, OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO22001, ISO45001, ISO17020, ISO17021, ISO17025
- Prior management experience leading one or more of the three functional areas of quality, compliance and health and safety
- Strong leadership and communication skills, internally with team members at all levels of the organisation and externally with senior management at client organisations
- Experience of designing, implementing and monitoring best practice policies, in these areas, in a multi-location, multi-country service industry
- Involvement in industry / country bodies that set best practice and policies / standards in these areas
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ work experience in quality, health and safety, risk and compliance, and at least 5 years’ in a management role
- Valid drivers’ license (Own reliable vehicle)
- Provide operational direction on the QHS approach and consistent application of corporate QHS processes, systems and tools.
- Manage the development, implementation, communication, monitoring, reviewing and enforcement of the corporate QHS processes and systems.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and provide guidance on related disciplines.
- Seek, share and assist in institutionalising best practices.
Develop and implement program-specific process improvement initiatives.
- Establishes and tracks progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure operational personnel comply with established and applicable company QHS policies and procedures.
- Conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance with QHS policies and procedures and implement corrective actions as required.
- Serve as liaison between programs, professional bodies and various governmental agencies inside or outside South Africa
- Participate in the identification and implementation of all continuous process improvement activities.
- Ensure employees globally have a safe working environment and are medically fit
- Ensure employees, contractors and visitors complete and comply to the company’s Safety, Health and Environmental Induction Program before entering any of the premises
- Liaise with Legislative Departments to ensure the required visits / inspections are scheduled and conducted