Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Lead Engineer / Mechanical (Piping)
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Purpose of the job:
The role of Lead Piping Engineer is a key Leadership role, being responsible for the day to day supervision and co-ordination of Piping Engineering and Design team assigned to a project.
The Lead Piping Engineer reports functionally to the Department Manager and operationally to one or more Project Managers. Input and leadership will be delivered in the conceptual design, project specifications, FEED, basic engineering, extended basic and detailed design phases.
We expect candidates will have had a strong technical background in an engineering contracting environment. The understanding of the technical requirements of the project and directing others to apply this into the project is crucial.
- Should be able to manage projects as Lead Engineer and be responsible for the proper and timely execution of projects ensuring the Department quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met
- Must have thorough knowledge in piping layout, pipe routing, support design, stress analysis, PMS/VMS, MTO control, material requisitions, bid evaluation and 3D design model reviews.
- Provide leadership skills in Piping Engineering with ability to handle large teams in a multi-office environment
- Responsible for issuing of all piping deliverable documents. Organize inputs and supervise for preparation general layout, equipment layout, key plans, support design, isometrics, material take offs, stress analysis, pipe material specifications and material requisitions.
- Ensures effective communication among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
- Defines the discipline scope of work and the required resources, and develops input for the Piping Execution Plan.
- Participates in daily scrum meetings, project status meetings and is responsible for correct reporting of amongst other project status, progress, delays, change notices, performance measurement, lessons learned and close-out
- Solid understanding of Project Controls (planning, scheduling, man-hour estimates and measuring physical progress) and has the potential to lead & inspire teams
- Has solid piping engineering and design experience in the Chemical Plant & Refinery industry (12+ years)
- Ability to hold presentations effectively
- Ability to report and communicate in English, both verbal & in writing.
- Proactive attitude
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with proven leadership experience in Refinery and Chemical markets.
- 12 years’ experience.
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.