Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Lead Project Engineer (Projects)
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Purpose of the job:
The Lead Project Engineer manage Product Development department projects with significant scope. These projects are typically multi-disciplinary and complex in nature. The Lead Project Engineer defines all design resource needs within the department and company to ensure the successful and timely release of new products. As part of the product design process, the Lead Project Engineer also determines the need and recommends the services of outside design firms (e.g., industrial design, prototyping services, specialized test services, etc.). The Lead Project Engineer is also one of the main contacts between the Product Development group and its customers, both internal and external.
The Lead Project Engineer will interface with all functional groups within the company but there is an emphasis on the ability to work with the Sourcing and Manufacturing/Agricultural groups to ensure an efficient development process and smooth transition into manufacturing.
- Work collaboratively with Product Marketing or Business Development personnel to define the scope of potential development projects and initial product requirements.
- Create, maintain, and communicate product development schedules with sufficient detail to ensure that all assigned personnel and groups external to the department are aware of their tasks and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain a project development budget that includes parts, tooling and external professional services for assigned projects.
- Identify internal and external resources required to support the product development schedule; work with department management to ensure that these resources are assigned to the project.
- Ensure that required product documentation (requirements and design/product specifications) is created and released in a timely manner to allow efficient design progress.
- Maintain the design history file (DHF) for the project throughout the development process.
- Adhere to the company’s Product Development Process (PDP).
- Able to represent the Product Development department on cross-functional teams.
- Participate in required management reviews for assigned projects and present the Product Development status in these reviews.
- Coordinate and communicate project status with appropriate levels of management throughout the company.
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and team leadership skills.
- Experience in building and leading cross-disciplinary project teams.
- Demonstrates strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Significant experience using project management software tools (MS Project or equivalent).
- Experience utilizing enterprise resource planning (ERP) tools.
- Familiarity with the essential requirements of the Medical Device Directive (MDD).
Qualifications and experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering & PMP is preferred.
- 12+ years of experience
- 4+ years of project management experience
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.