Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Civil Geotechnical Engineering (GYP/Tailings/WRF)
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Prepares and inspects projects involving drilling and exploration. Responsible for geological mapping, report writing, site characterization, numerical modelling and analysis of excavations/supports.
- Apply education, training, and experience in applying special knowledge or judgment of the mathematical, physical, or engineering sciences to the solution of offshore geotechnical engineering problems, working under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Plan and supervise soil sampling programs, in situ testing programs, and geotechnical laboratory testing programs. Interpret soil properties from test results and geological considerations.
- Analyse offshore pipelines, shallow foundations, deep foundations, moorings, and slope stability.
- Apply knowledge of geotechnical engineering and communication skills to work with engineers, geologists, geoscientists, and other professionals to perform integrated facility development, geotechnical, geological, and geophysical investigations and geohazard studies.
- Perform calculations. Summarize results of calculations. Prepare text and illustrations for technical reports. Write proposals. Prepare and monitor project budgets
- Design background and basic CAD experience
- Basic understanding of construction, earthwork, geo-membranes and
- Understand slope stability, tailings operations, waste storage, equipment requirements and planning.
- Experienced in operating facilities, field modifications, technical evaluation of civil designs and operability of installation
- Master of Science, Ph.D., or Sc.D. in Civil Engineering, Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or related field and at least one degree in engineering.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in a similar role
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.