Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Sr. Process Engineer (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial) (Bene-Dry)
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Purpose of the job:
The Senior Process Engineer is expected to be capable of functioning as a process engineer without direction on process projects in the Petrochemical, and Fine Chemical, industries. This role will be responsible for the process design and occasionally project engineering co-ordination across multiple projects for all phases from concept through to commissioning while ensuring that the design meets applicable codes and standards and customer specifications and while achieving project deadlines. Adherence to the quality system and review of same. This role is expected to be the process lead for projects.
- Perform all process design calculations (e.g., sizing of equipment, lines, safety relief devices, etc.).
- Self-starter – ability to initiate and drive projects with little supervision
- Creative problem solver – ability to find creative solutions with a “can-do” attitude, in a fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic – someone who loves to do great work and takes pride in professionalism, and responsibility, and who is proactive
- Develop and maintain all design documents (e.g., basis of design, process controls user requirement specification, pre-CAD P&IDs, process lists, etc.) required to complete projects to the client’s satisfaction from conceptual through to detailed design.
- Ensuring compliance of design to current local, national and international standards.
- Reviewing client specifications and ensuring compliance of design to same.
- Ensuring compliance of project activities to our procedures and processes and client SOP, and standards.
- Preparation, execution and reporting for HAZOPs.
- Execution of vendor Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Ensure speedy resolution of all process Technical Queries (TQs).
- Assist in the execution/provide support, for protocols for commissioning and start up.
- Coordination with/managing of other design disciplines (EC&I, Mechanical, Automation, Validation, etc.)
- Participation in and/or leading project meetings
- Assist in the supervision of graduate engineers assigned to the same projects
- Act as mentor to other engineers
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Mining or Industrial Engineer with relevant experience
- Strong dry material handling experience in engineering design and operation of crushing equipment, sizing, screening, conveyors, transfer points, stackers, bins, hoppers and sampling systems.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in plant operation, process engineering, ore beneficiation, mineral processing or similar experience.
- 10 years’ experience as a Senior Process Engineer
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.