Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Sr. Process Mineralogy Engineer (Bene-Wet)
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Purpose of the job:
Responsibilities include optimization of existing plant and equipment as well as development and implementation of recovery and process improvements. Provide technical assistance and advice to the Production Manager as required. Assist Plant Supervisors with training and operating procedure development.
- Provide general technical support and advice as required within the company.
- Apply professional engineering/technical skills to optimize existing plant equipment and processes with a focus on recovery of Valuable Heavy Minerals.
- Supervise and assist with plant process monitoring and adjustments.
- Oversee and conduct test work aimed at plant process improvements.
- Assist the Production Manager with project proposals and implementation.
- Assist the Production Manager with plant planning and performance reporting.
- Provide support for the laboratory processes and assist in maintaining product quality.
- Report any quality issues to the Production Manager immediately.
- Progressively gain and apply knowledge of plant instrumentation, calibration, adjustment and troubleshooting.
- Take on the role of Radiation Safety Officer.
- Comply with all Garnet USA safety, health and environmental policies and procedures plus any other Garnet USA issued policies or notices. Ensure the same of other persons under your control, including contractors.
- Design, manage and interpret bench-scale laboratory experiments aimed at understanding the mineral dressing characteristics of ore body and constituents aimed at understanding the process and implement solutions based on findings
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong organizational, analysis, and problem solving skills, with an ability to multitask.
- Responsible attitude and approach towards safety and environmental management.
- Ability to develop and draft procedures, plans, and internal control systems.
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mining or Industrial Engineer with relevant experience
- Proven experience in process design and plant operation background in slurries, milling, hydro sizing, flotation, thickening, dewatering, concentrates and associate equipment.
- Strong background in process water usage and treatment is highly desired.
- Must have 4 years plant experience in construction, commissioning, or operations
- 8 Years’ experience in a similar role as a Sr. Process Mineralogy Engineer(dry)
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.