Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Sr. Project Engineer (Chemical, Mining, Mechanical)
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Purpose of the job:
This role involves managing of projects on a regional level to meet strategic business objectives. The senior project manager is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Building and managing project teams, reporting to the project sponsor and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are central to this position.
- Plan, schedule, track and report weekly link, floating, route and access delivery against targets.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors. Influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Take corrective action (if required).
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and line managers in a timely and clear fashion.
- Manage Project teams and delegate tasks.
- Identify and manage project dependencies.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, ensure that any change to project scope is documented and approved.
- Identify potential crises, devise contingency plans.
- Adhere to operational procedures to ensure that the regional department runs smoothly.
- Plan and facilitate effective meetings, including INVOCOMS.
- Effectively allocate available resources and determine if additional resources will be required.
- Manage project financials: forecast vs. actual.
- Develop tools and best practices for project management
- Project & programme management: able to manage complex projects including concurrent projects
- Risk management: experienced in identification, assessment and management of project risks
- Delivering results: ability to plan and organise self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets
- Capable of training, supervising and managing staff in project management environment.
- Proven track record of delivering projects within defined timelines under high pressure.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety act
- Project budgeting and reporting
Qualifications and experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mining, Mechanical)
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience in Chemical, Petro-Chemical, Manufacturing or Mining/Fertilizer industry.
- Proven & successful track record in directly planning large multi-million dollar projects.
- Proven experience in engineering project planning, implementation, analysis, contract interpretation, budget development, critical path planning, and administration of engineering projects.
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.