Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Purpose of the job
Instrumentation engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes to make sure that these systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
The instrumentation engineer is accountable for instrument specification, control system design, and fabrication shop activities for modular and packed equipment systems. The instrumentation engineer will take an active role in P&ID review meetings, instrument specification and control system design and review.
- Review and confirm code basis for each project
- Collaborate with other project team members to comply with project requirements and meet project schedules
- Review and approve fabricator and external design drawings, documentation and fabrication sequence
- Generate instrumentation specifications
- PLC control panel specification/design
- Skid electrical and instrument installation specification/design
- Production of designs for integration of UOP and customer control systems that meet project requirements
- Monitor status and ensure delivery of project deliverables within budgeted cost and schedule
- Able to perform control system Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Experienced in using hardware required for plant control systems including PLC hardware, DeltaV hardware, and Honeywell controls
- Develop the scope of work using P&ID's, specifications, and project requirements to specify and complete instrument and control systems
- Adhere to plant and electrical design standards
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Maximum 10 years of experience in related Industry as an instrumentation design Engineer
- Experience in the specification and design of instrumentation and control systems
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through toresponse204execz.co.zaalong with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.