Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY!
Purpose of the job:
The Inspection Engineer has the primary responsibility to acquire, process, and report inspection data and to ensure that the highest standards are applied at all times; together with the application of full quality control. Working closely with the offshore project teams (Incl. Survey, ROV, Diving, and Engineering) to support all inspection operations and ensure that all of the necessary operational objectives are fulfilled in compliance with technical specifications; together with both standard and project-specific procedures
- Strong focus on to detail and pride in the quality of your work
- Ability to accurately follow procedures
- Understanding of engineering principles
- Able to make an Inspection Engineer difficult decisions
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Chemical or oil and gas sector experience
- Understanding of fabrication or repair of pressure equipment
- Logical thinker with the capability of identifying problems and offering solutions
- Capable of working as part of a team but willingness to lead when required
- Forward thinking and ambitious
- Willingness to travel globally
- Prepared to work at sea on a variety of support vessels
- Desire to become involved in Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) and Diving projects
- Control of Digital Data
- Online Inspection data recording, quality control of real-time video data and ensuring that, where required, all data sheets are completed accurately.
- Offline video review and data editing and undertaking all necessary validation checks on the data.
- Take responsibility for maintenance of the inspection software and hardware systems, and reporting any problems that may affect operation performance
- Where necessary, compile and check data from other sources such as Cathodic Protection (CP) and Flooded Member Detection (FMD) and assist with eventing, processing and reporting of these data sets
- Any other duties as directed by the Inspection Coordinator or Senior Inspection Engineer as applicable.
- Assist with and organise mobilisation/demobilisation activities
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in mechanical engineering
- 8 Years’ experience in a similar role
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through toresponse204execz.co.zaalong with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.