Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY!
Purpose of the job
The Planning Engineer is required to develop the most appropriate method and sequence of shut down and turnaround activities, in conjunction with the Project Manager, in order to ensure the project is completed timely, safely, and on budget.
- Schedules, plans and oversees the entire program of work
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Primavera and computer literate
- Interpersonal skills, ethical values and commitment to continual improvement
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates planning activities
- Selects the most appropriate techniques and logical sequence of activities to complete project scope
- Inputs the work breakdown structure information in means to assess an accurate forecast on time, resources and cash flow of the project
- Maintains and updates stationary & rotating equipment technical records, prepares technical reports, helps in generating data for inputs to budgets, improvement in maintenance methods/procedures, equipment replacement, etc.
- Supervises training programs for new employees in his units. Ensures following of relevant fire & safety policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of planned shutdown maintenance, preventive maintenance, Corrective maintenance.
- Determines appropriate logistics solutions in managing resources
- Sets up alerts for all important contractual and milestone dates
- Prepares cash flow, charts and histograms on planning projects
- Verifies critical path and interfaces between design/ engineering/ procurement / execution
- Monitors progress periodically and compares it with the baseline planning
- Updates the schedule based on inputs received from project team
- Prepares the monthly Progress reports
- Prepares the monthly Labour histograms
- Accumulates, collects and analyses data and information required for planning
Qualifications and experience
- B.E/B. Tech/BS in Mechanical engineering
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in planning of shut down and turnaround projects in Manufacturing / Agriculture sector
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.zaalong with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.