Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY!
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for managing the day to day planning and engineering initiatives for the project. The majority of the projects will be focused on continuous development. The tasks include: identifying problems or opportunities that support the project and the operations. Manage the process of developing feasible solutions that solves the problem or allows for utilizing opportunities. Utilizing various engineering disciplines, manage the engineering process for selected solution Lead design reviews at various engineering stages. Manage the planning process for execution of the engineered solution.
- Develop and execute the operations projects with multiple project engineers and managers within the region including engineering, procurement, EPCM and external construction management consultants.
- Must have a proven track record of successfully completed projects in the related industry.
- Familiar with planning software such as Minesight, AutoCAD or other development software.
- Strong knowledge of Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Responsible for project functions included but not limited to Project Management, Site Management, Project Control Management, Engineering Management, Procurement, Construction Management, etc. are all coordinated and properly staffed to meet the project(s) goals.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s).
- Coordinate and communicate projects group as needed on major projects in the Region.
- Coordinate with regional and site management on status, significant trends and changes of approved projects.
- Establish the working relationship with operations management needed to facilitate the coordination and execution of project work, such that the operational impact is minimized.
- Ensure safety and QA/QC programs are established by all parties and maintained and conduct reviews of detailed design drawing and specifications.
- Monitor engineering progress against budget and forecasted schedule.
- Participate in and lead risk assessments and actively manage the risks of the projects and the business.
- Prepare project estimates, budget, schedules and execution plans.
- Preparing the engineering budget, project schedules and project control budgets for mechanical projects.
- Prepare and submit reports on the progress and status of the project
- Maintain effective and on-going communications with construction and contractor management teams
- Assist with project QA/QC and commissioning systems and documentation.
- Perform other project engineering and project management related duties.
Qualifications and experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering.
- 10 years project engineering, management experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- 10+ years of experience in operations, engineering and project evaluation.
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through toresponse204execz.co.zaalong with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.