Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
QA/QC Laboratory Analyst
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Quality control technicians test materials before, during, and after production to measure the characteristics of materials and ensure that they conform to specifications. Responsible for inspecting and testing the raw materials and products to make sure they meet required levels of quality.
- Provide effective and efficient service to operations team, accepts projects and tasks, diligently strive to continually maintain a clean, professional and safe working lab environment.
- Ensures quality awareness to the operations team and cooperation with all departments within the plant.
- Performs the efficient workload day-to-day laboratory activities; routinely inspect and audit the lab equipment to ensue calibration, and reports problems or concerns.
- Makes recommendations on the refinement of plant measurement and sampling techniques; establishing and documenting quality testing procedures and results, i.e. sample points, frequency and quantity of samples and data collection, record keeping, data analysis and corrective action programs.
- Tests chemical and biological samples and incoming raw materials to determine their make-up, properties, and adherence to specifications; then advises if the samples are within specified control limits.
- Monitors supplies, tracks inventory, and performs order requests for lab supplies and equipment to ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Communicates regularly with the operators and the production management team to keep them informed of chemical and biological testing results, and of quality products.
- Performs and participates in lab maintenance, such as performing preventative maintenance as required, and diagnosing and troubleshooting lab equipment maintenance related issues.
- Monitor and perform laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Hazard Analysis &Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Quality Management System (QMS) facility specific programs.
- Monitor certifying agencies, specifications, regulations and requirements to ensure raw material, measuring system(s) and finished product compliance.
- Participates in the implementation and training of new Lab Technicians and other plant employees on Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) lab processes and procedures, operation of lab equipment, sampling and testing protocols, company Enterprise Resource Planning system and site specific Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) system.
- Compliance with all Environmental, Health & Safety programs, policies, procedures and regulations to support a safe working environment.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with QC and QA procedures and systems, with broad knowledge of physical, chemical and microbiological sciences.
- Computer expertise: MS Office proficient and other related technologies to perform the functions required to perform daily tasks.
Qualifications and experience:
- B.S. Degree in Food Sciences, Chemistry, Microbiology, Agricultural Science or General Science preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of QA/QC laboratory technician experience in a Manufacturing/Agricultural or any related industry.
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.