Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Rotating Equipment Engineer / Sr Engineer / Mechanical (Rotating)
Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY
Purpose of the job:
Evaluate new equipment and enable employees training on proper repair and operational techniques. Function as technical resource to maintenance groups to direct and recommend problems solutions.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer provides engineering/technical expertise in order to maintain continuous plant operations and high efficiency. This position serves as the technical authority for rotating equipment, covering daily plant needs as well as program & project responsibilities.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer is responsible for tracking and reporting of machinery reliability statistics, and implementing solutions to continuously improve reliability and reduce maintenance cost. This position supports plant safety and mechanical integrity through development of procedures and predictive/preventative maintenance plans.
- Assist the Senior Mechanical Engineer in the day to day performance of the work.
- Understanding of plant process and equipment used in the manufacture of anhydrous ammonia and urea fertilizers is preferred.
- Specific knowledge of rotating and reciprocating machinery best practices, failure analysis and troubleshooting, vibration analyses, oil sampling, ultrasonic examination techniques, precision alignment, dynamic balancing, baseplate grouting procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in basic computer software such as Microsoft Outlook; Avantis or other CMMS.
- Knowledge of industrial codes & standards (API, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, State).
- Must have design experience with compressors and pumps.
- Strong knowledge of rotating equipment engineering principles (blower, axial & recirculation pumps, compressors, fans, steam driven turbines).
- Experience in preparation of working drawings, specifications, datasheets, technical bid evaluation (TBE) and technical requisition package (TRP).
- Familiarity with codes and standards applicable with the discipline such as ASTM, ASME, ANSI, API, Clients’ Code and Standards, etc.
- Self-starter, able to prioritize tasks, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Serves as site subject matter expert for rotating equipment.
- Leads efforts to ensure site machinery practices & documentation are in compliance with PSM Mechanical Integrity standard.
- Upgrade professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Supervises reliability technicians responsible for equipment condition monitoring onsite, including vibration analysis, oil sampling and analysis, thermography, and ultrasonic inspection techniques.
- Supports reliability technicians with analysis of data gathered during condition monitoring rounds, and issues recommendations based on this information.
- Works with site maintenance team to ensure machinery repairs are performed according to specifications and properly documented.
- Develops & updates maintenance procedures for critical tasks related to rotating equipment.
- Coordinate site Rotating Equipment Safety and Reliability Audits. Ensure adherence to environmental regulations.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts related to rotating equipment issues onsite.
- Conducts failure analyses & reports on findings to avoid recurrence.
- Tracks and reports MTBR for site rotating equipment and develops plans to increase MTBR and reduce maintenance cost.
- Provides technical support for emergency machinery work as needed.
- Serves as site representative on corporate best practice team for rotating equipment.
- Manages projects for upgrade or replacement of site machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Assists in the specification and review of new rotating equipment prior to purchase and recommends proper selections including spare parts lists.
- Acts as the mechanical acceptance specialist on newly installed rotating equipment to ensure proper installation and that the equipment will be mechanically reliable.
- Designs and implements predictive & preventive maintenance programs for all critical machinery.
- Updates and maintains a lubrication manual containing lubricant specifications and lubricating instructions for all plant machinery.
- Assists the maintenance department with planning of site turnarounds, shutdowns, and special projects. Provides input with regards to schedule, development of job lists, ordering of parts and materials, sequencing of jobs around a critical path, and sizing of work crews based on job estimation.
- Train engineers, operators and technicians for better understanding and appreciation of system reliability and proper use of Rotating Equipment.
- Performs reviews of inventory spare parts and submits recommendations for inventory adjustments.
- Effectively communicates reliability concerns to management and other affected personnel.
- Lead the preparation of technical specifications of rotating equipment and materials and ensure adherence to the design, standards and requirements, plant operability and performance.
- Oversee the development of basic design, detailed engineering and procurement- related activities of Rotating Equipment such as pumps, compressors, blowers and turbines.
- Identify spare part requirements for rotating equipment, employing risk-based maintenance tool and other similar systems.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering,
- Maximum of 10 years of rotating equipment engineering experience in a chemical plant or refinery as a Senior Engineer
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.