Cosmopolitan Recruitment was formed in 2004 by Dan Magano. It is 100% owned and managed by him
Dan Magano has Honours Degree in Human Resources Develoment and Bachelor of Public Administration and other related post matric qualifications
The main business focus is the general recruitment of good quality candidates for all positions for any company
Cosmopolitan Recruitment has strong database of EE candidates for all positions
We pride ourself with the good quality candidates that we place with our prestige clients...
POSITION: MECHATRONIC ENGINEER
DIVISION: PLANT ENGINEERING – BOSKOP
REPORTING TO: MANAGER: DESIGN
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Design of electrical systems in the munitions manufacturing environment for the Plant Engineering department. Interface electrical systems with mechanical systems in order to create semi-automated production facilities. Direct a group of electrical design draughtsmen to compile electrical design data packs and ensure that the technical quality of electrical designs are carried out in an economically efficient way and completion is on schedule and within budget.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Lead a team of electrical draughtsmen to produce manufacturing and installation drawings.
· Ensure completion is on schedule.
· Ensure design reviews of final designs are held with relevant stakeholders.
· Manage the transition of electrical data into a PLM system.
· Ensure availability of specified components and materials in designs for procurement.
· Check drawings for electrical design, safety and quality.
· Design of electrical systems to interface with mechanical systems with the assistance of an electrical draughting team.
· Ensure that designs are maintainable and manufacturable.
· Ensure standardization of components and equipment.
· Do electrical design calculations for the suitable selection of components.
· Do simulation of systems in order to optimize automation and production rates.
· Design routing of cables and piping.
· Compile data packs for C&I.
· Interact with engineering team in order gather sufficient inputs in order to design electrical and control systems.
Liaise with manufacturing, project managers, clients, procurement, suppliers and sub-contractors to monitor, advise and assist with the execution of the project plan.
· Interact with C&I department in order to convey relevant information on electrical manufacturing and automation.
· Assist C&I department with programming philosophy and intended functioning of equipment.
· Provide technical support to manufacturing and electrical department.
· Ensure all designs adhere to relevant SHERQ requirements and specifications as required by clients.
· Minimum B.Eng. or BTech – Mechatronic (Mechanical and Electrical will also be considered).
2. Applicable Experience
· 5 years minimum experience in a plant and equipment design environment.
· Management of a drawing and cad data configuration management system.
· Proficient in the use of SolidWorks, Eplan and AutoCAD.
3. Additional training or experience that will be to the benefit of the candidate
· Exposure to Explosive Regulations as set out in the OHS Act.
· Knowledge of explosive environments.
· Analytical thinker with good reasoning skills
· Ability to interact with people at all levels
· Ability to work precisely and methodically with minimum supervision, self-starting attitude.
· Technical writing and documentation skills.
4. Travel requirement
· Be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days after closing, please consider your application unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2018