Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Steenberg, Cape Town
Type of Business:
R20000-R23000 negotiable depending on experience
- Reporting on and maintaining the financial records of the company by:
- Recording financial transactions.
- Preparing, controlling, balancing & reviewing various income statement & balance sheet accounts.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
Key Performance Areas:
- Recording financial transactions
- Maintaining financial records
- Capturing/importing, reviewing & posting invoices, receipts, credit notes & payment requisitions in Quickbooks.
- Preparing, reviewing & posting cashbook transactions.
- Preparing, reviewing & posting journal entries with the necessary supporting documentation.
- Maintaining financial records
- Performing bank reconciliations.
- Follow up on all unpaid items on the bank reconciliations.
- Always ensuring supporting documentation, for debit orders, is obtained timeously, authorised and maintained.
- Reconciling various income statement & balance sheet accounts.
- Follow up on and investigate all reconciling items on the IS & BS accounts.
- Follow up on outstanding debtor transactions.
- Maintain the creditors’ age analysis of assigned companies in the group.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing/recommending policies & procedures.
- Prepare VAT reconciliations & payments.
- Prepare any and all SARS returns in set timelines and in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Keep filing within Finance up to date.
- Do daily cash flow for Directors
- Develop, maintain and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted cost to actual cost.
- Prepare (assist in preparing) monthly management accounts including consolidated IS, BS, cash flow and notes thereto.
- Assist in answering queries that may arise from management accounts by preparing schedules for (and analysing) income statement & balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in answering accounting/tax procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy & regulations and tax legislation.
- Complete SARS returns as and when required, including (but not limited to) Income Tax returns, VAT return, Dividends Withholding Tax return and ADRs.
- Assist with internal/external audits on the group of companies, including liaising with third parties. Any other tasks as required from time to time to ensure that accounts department runs smoothly.
Education & Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and taxation.
- B.Com Accounting degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge & experience of accounting computer applications.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Planning and organizing.
- Strategic thinking.
- Information and task monitoring.
- Problem identification and analysis.
- Judgment and problem-solving.
- Supervisory skills.
- Stress tolerance.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product.
- Own transport
- Valid contactable references
- No older than 45
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through to response201execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.