Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Type of Business:
Petrochemical, Oil & Gas Industry
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM SOUTH AFRICA ONLY!
Purpose of the job
Under the general direction of Unit department Sr. Manager, the Maintenance Mechanical Engineer provides his support to all Mechanical maintenance activities. Provide technical support and guidance for Mechanical maintenance team, Considering and resolving any issues that are operational, environmental in nature falls under their filed support operation and maintenance functions with analysis troubleshooting, problem identification problem resolution activities to run the plant safely and efficiently without interruption.
- Comply with SADAF policies and SHEM’s procedures and contribute to achieving target SHE rates. Also, leading assigned safety investigation or analysis as required.
- Support operation and Mechanical maintenance daily activities (normal or emergency cases) which require engineering knowledge and assessment. Also performing human resource responsibilities.
- Participate in the annual budget preparation by providing all required capital spare parts and special maintenance...
- Review/monitor supplier designs for Mechanical equipment against standards, specifications, process requirements. Also enhance Mechanical reliability and availability of equipment especially SHE and production critical equipment by utilizing all internal and external resources including vendors and contractors. IN addition, all other relevant documents to be documented and tracked.
- Ensure the availability of all Mechanical spare parts of SHE and production critical and other required spares review and support material team with required data for new part registration formalities and follow up for all issues related to Mechanical systems obsoleteness.
- Support all Mechanical related TA/Shutdown preparation, execution quality checks and following up on findings. Also complete all assigned technical evaluation on time.
- Identify defect elimination (DE) list of Mechanical equipment that pose a threat to production and/or have high maintenance costs and support Root Cause Failure Analyses investigations to develop and implement both short term and long term cost effective corrective actions. Proposals for Mechanical changes in procedures to support best practices and improve the efficiency and results of Plant reliability activities.
- Support MTA processes by identifying the list and develop/implement both short term and long term cost effective corrective actions. Prepare, manage and review the Maintenance quality Manuals as required. Generate new SMP and ensure QA/QC with SMP is well implemented to provide quality execution of all maintenance activities.
- Ensures that Mechanical maintenance teams are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance processes can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Provide Mechanical maintenance technical input for plant modification through MOC review meetings to insure safe operation and design of equipment and related changes.
- Support other reliability tools (RCM, RBI & RW) analysis, field visit and develop proactive maintenance practices and improvement plans.
- Initiates and support Mechanical projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce maintenance costs.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves Mechanical key maintenance parameters (KPI) such as rework, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc. And ensure quality of entered data in SAP as well as proper update of equipment history files.
- Reviews the operation of plant Mechanical equipment and constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- All Maintenance Mechanical activities are executed safely (zero Class A, B and C incidents).
- Ensure that all Mechanical Maintenance KPI’s are within Target:
- 100% PM Execution
- All Mechanical activities are timely executed within allocated base-maintenance budget.
- QA/QC is well implemented by ensuring that Mechanical Maintenance work instructions are in place for all Mechanical maintenance activities.
- Submission of periodical Mechanical reports timely.
- Support the maintenance Mechanical team with daily major issues.
- Lead resolutions of complex technical and safety related problems
- Engage and influence leaders to adopt new ideas to enhance safety, reliability, sustainability
- Investigate & Implement the corrective actions for quality related problems
- Technical ability to evaluate equipment failures causes
- Ability to use engineering drawings and system manual
- Ability to implement and direct failure counter measures
- Ability to deal with SAP system
- Ability to implement and direct the trouble counters measure. Self-confident to control the maintenance groups
- Good analytical skills
- Good Communication skills in English
- PC skills
- Leadership and supervisory
- Team player
- Delegating effectively
- Motivating and empower people
- Managing discipline multi task and dealing with conflict
- Planning, making decision and problem solving.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.5 – 8 years’ experience in relative working fields.
- 5 years’ experience in relative working fields.
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through toresponse204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.