Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Type of Business:
Petrochemical, Oil & Gas Industry
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM SOUTH AFRICA ONLY!
Purpose of the job:
The purpose of Inspection Engineer job is to verify the condition of Static Equipment using various inspection tools & techniques to ensure that, all requirement of applicable industry Codes/Standards related to integrity. Review major inspection findings and provide technical support to enhance overall asset integrity and department reputation. Ensure the relevant inspection reports are issued with desired quality and comprehension and to the expected accuracy.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with Risk Based Inspection Assessments / Reassessments by providing required data or facilitating assessments. Review and update department Competency model on a regular interval with SME support and when business need dictates.
- Providing technical support to area inspectors in resolving problems concerning inspection methods and procedures of completing work, within the scope and intent of applicable codes and standards.
- 3 Conduct major and critical inspection activates to ensure reliable and engineering sound recommendations.
- Periodically reviewing Meridium information and ensuring that appropriate repairs/ replacements to the equipment are recommended.
- Lead T I A equipment inspection team.
- Sub-element administrator of SHEM management system for Mechanical Integrity and drive compliance in all departments.
- Review and approve inspection procedures.
- Participate reliability incident investigation and close assigned Loss of Primary Containment (LOPC) actions in coordination with Corrosion Engineer
- Assure plant inspection performance and provide recommendations for
Replacement / repairs for plant equipment.100% IDP completion.
- Analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Leadership skills
- Proficient Leadership and Decision Making Skills.
- Proficient Communication Skills.
- Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Reliability oriented
- Results orientated
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of codes such as ASME Section I, V, VIII and IX, ASME B31.3 and /or applicable.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science Engineering.
- Has to hold minimum one relevant API certification from API (510, 570, 653)
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in inspection, engineering, maintenance, technical services, in major petrochemical industrial plants.
- Good understanding of engineering standards, engineering calculations and best practices application.
- Must have excellent knowledge and understanding of NDT techniques and welding procedures
- Must have experience in of SHEM or equivalent standards and policies
- Must have experience in of reliability and mechanical integrity programs and processes.
- Must be able to understand RBI concepts and process
- Sound knowledge of materials and corrosion
- Able to think analytical
- Good knowledge of RCA methodologies
- Fluent in speaking / writing English.
- MS office proficient
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through toresponse204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.