Execz® Human Resources and Executive Placements is a one-stop leading trans-national Executive Search, General Recruitment Agency, Labour & Industrial Relations Consultancy and Human Resources Outsourcing company with its head office situated in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, South Africa. Execz® is rated as a top recruitment company in the Middle East and on the African Continent.
Type of Business:
Petrochemical, Oil & Gas Industry
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM SOUTH AFRICA ONLY!
Purpose of the job
Perform the required assurance role to ensure full compliance to SHEM 13 Environment Management Element and Sub-Elements (i.e. Air Management, Waste Management, Water Management, Soil and Ground Water Management). SHEM-02.03 Environmental Risk Assessment; and local regulating authorities (i.e. Royal Commission, Presidency of Meteorology and Environment) by developing management system, delivering training and coaching, and conducting frequent audits. Work with the operation department to resolve all environmental issues and non-compliance. Support all environmental related projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as SHEM Sub-Element Administrator
- Develop SHEM management standards related to environment (i.e SHEM-13, 02.03).
- Conduct all environmental audits as per SHEM-13 and regulating authorities.
- Conduct environmental risk assessment as per SHEM-02.03 Environments Risk Assessment.
- Support all environmental projects.
- Ensure all environmental monitoring program is conducted as per the SHEM-14 and regulations.
- Prepare and submit all environment related reports (internally, and regulating authorities).
- Provide guidance to all units in environmental concerns or compliance issues.
- Participate in environmental related investigations
- Support the operating units in the preparation for environmental permits.
- Develop and deliver all environmental related training.
- Support environmental requirements for Turnaround.
- Take charge of developed procedures
- Accurately record environmental incidents
- Accurately keeping records of the audits completed.
- Able to analyse data
- Auditing skills
- Able to compile reports, do presentations at board level
- Good command of the English language
- Leadership skills
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Environment Engineering
- NEBOSH environment
- ISO 14001 Environment Management
- RC 14001 Responsible Care
- IOSH Working Safely
- OSHA General Safety
- Environment Risk Assessment Methodology qualification
- Minimum 5 Years of experience. Prioritizing and working independently.
- Comprehensive knowledge in SHEM, especially SHEM-13 and 02.03.
- Familiar with local regulations (e.g. Royal Commission, Presidency of Meteorology and Environment)
- Familiar with international standards and regulation (e.g. OSHA, ISO 14001, RC 4001… etc.)
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through toresponse204execz.co.za along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.