The purpose of this position is to respond to 'Request for Tenders' (RFT) or 'Request for Proposals' (RFP) issued by purchasing authorities and ensure that the solution proposed is complete and appropriate and results in the best proposal possible.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric /Grade 12
- A recognised electrical qualification (Trade Test, +ND Electrical Engineering / BTech / S4 / T3).
- At least five years’ work experience involving sales and proposals within the Diesel and Gas power generation industry
- Computer literacy – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Good knowledge of the AutoCad package.
- Experience in contracts will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, including formal communications and making presentations.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team setting. Good telephone manner.
- Must have excellent technical and communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure. A Code 8 Driver’s License.
- A keen sense of urgency and a willingness to learn additional job related skills.
- A valid passport.